Why Is Stone Coated Roofing Ideal For Your Business
Over the years, inclement weather can take its toll on your commercial roof. If you find that the structure has deteriorated and shows wearing signs, you might want to consider replacing it with stone coated roofing products.
What Is Stone Coating?
A stone-coated metal roofing system is a steel roof that has stone chips attached to the metal using a special acrylic film. The result is an aesthetically pleasing, durable roof. You can choose from roofing systems that mimic the appearance of shingle, shake, or tile. There is a wide range of designs, textures, and colors you can choose from to complement your commercial building’s architectural styling. These roofs have the durability of metal, with the aesthetic appeal of various other materials.
Benefits of Stone Coating for Roofs
There are numerous benefits to opting for stone coated roof systems, such as:
- Long-Lasting- Composite or asphalt roofs need replacement every 10-15 years based on the amount of harsh weather they have endured and the maintenance they have received. In comparison, stone coated steel roofs can easily last between 40 and 70 years if you maintain them well.
- Durability– Steel roofs can withstand hail, heavy rains, and strong winds. These systems have interlocking panels that make them exceptionally robust.
- Low-Maintenance- Every roofing system needs regular maintenance and inspections to keep them in good condition. Stone coated roof systems are practically maintenance-free, eliminating the need for annual inspections and repairs, commonly required in conventional roofing products.
- Energy-Efficiency– Contrary to the common belief that metal roofs impact the interior temperature and make these areas hotter, the stone coating has UV-reflective properties. It does not absorb heat, like asphalt and other materials do. These roofing systems improve the energy-efficiency of your home.
- Eco-Friendly- Stone coated metal roof products are 100% recyclable and lighter than most other roofing systems. So, if you are concerned about the environment, these are an excellent choice for you.
While it is true that stone coated roofs have a higher initial cost, all the benefits are well worth that extra expense. All these aspects make them an excellent choice for your commercial structure. Hire a skilled and experienced roofer to inspect the existing roof and get all the information you can from them regarding stone-coated roofs. The information they provide will help you make a better-informed decision.