Understanding EPDM Roofing Systems And Its Benefits
There are different kinds of roofing systems available today, and choosing the right one for your property can be a challenging task. Whether you want to install a commercial roof or replace a residential one, selecting the material is the most crucial aspect. You can get in touch with a roof replacement service to ask them about the different options and their benefits. One of the most popular choices for commercial roofing is EPDM.
What is EPDM?
EPDM stands for ethylene propylene diene terpolymer. It is a membrane made from synthetic rubber, which is primarily a combination of ethylene and propylene. This material has been around for several years and is used in everyday products like belts, tubing, gaskets, seals, etc.
EPDM is a versatile material and is perfectly suitable for harsh rooftop conditions. As long as the EPDM rubber roofing installation is good, the material will last for a long time.
What Are the Benefits of EPDM?
EPDM has become popular in commercial properties with flat roofs. It is a versatile product that can be modified to suit almost every requirement. Here’s a look at some of the most significant benefits of the material:
- Durability – A properly installed and well-maintained EPDM roof will last for more than 30-40 years, making it one of the most durable materials available in the market today.
- Low Maintenance – EPDM roofs don’t require much maintenance. A simple inspection every year to check for damage and a few small fixes can keep the structure in good shape for decades.
- Easy Repairs – Most EPDM issues are easy to fix because the material is very flexible. Any cracks or dents that develop over time can be filled quickly. The repairs barely take a few minutes, so your business will experience no downtime.
- Affordable – This is one of the most affordable roofing materials available today. Both EPDM rubber roofing installation and maintenance are affordable, so your initial investment and long-term costs are relatively low.
- Flexible – Installers can customize the roof according to your requirements. For example, they can install a black roof in colder regions as that will help retain heat. They can use bright-colored or white roofs in warmer areas to reflect light and reduce the indoor temperature.
Have you noticed some wearing signs on your roof and want to replace it, consider EPDM for the new installation. A good roof replacement service will explain how this material works in detail to make an informed decision regarding it.