Clear Signs Your Roof Need Repairs
Learn to Read Your Roof
Your roof withstands the beating of the elements such as the sun, hail, snow, rain and wind. While it protects you and your family, it is not indestructible; and like most things that silently do their job, we tend to take them for granted, the roof being no exception.
Just like any other part of your house, you should keep an eye open, all year round, in order to ensure minor issues do not grow into costly roof repairs. Here is how to read your roof to determine if it is time to call a professional roofing company in your area:
- Damp areas around your fireplace
- Water stains on metal structures or pipes that vent through the roof
- Signs of water damage such as stains, peeling or bubbling paint and such on walls and ceilings
- Hail damage
- Rust spots or stains on flashing
- Sagging areas on underside of roof
- Deteriorating, loose or missing shingles
- Damaged seals, cracks or signs of debris in and around chimneys and vents
Reduced Gutter and Downspout Performance
- Shingle debris in gutters
- Gutters overflowing during rainfall
- Reduced water flows from downspouts
- Loose or broken gutters or downspouts
Animals or Insects
- Signs of damage caused by rodents, birds, insects, etc.
- Sounds of animals moving about in roof and walls
- Rare odors of indeterminate origin
- Excessive snow buildup or plant growth in the roof
- Large branches or whole trees falling onto the roof
- Severe storms with high winds, heavy rains or large hail
- If you are collecting rainwater in buckets in the middle of your bathroom or living room, contact a roofing service company immediately.
All the above are clear signs that it is time to replace or repair your roof. Contact a reliable roofing company in Denver to service your roofs. Horn Brothers Roofing offers superior service in Cherry Hills, Highlands Ranch, Lakewood, Littleton, Castle Rock, Parker, Morrison, Colorado Springs, Edwards, Fort Collins and Golden.